In simple terms there is a large spring that has been precision engineered into the top of the saddle. The position of the coil allows the seat to gently move a small amount in three dimensions. In order to prevent a feeling of total instability, the range of movement is strictly regulated and can be adjusted using a separate tension adjustment tool.
Why was it developed?
There is a growing belief amongst some health care experts that gentle movement whilst in a sitting position will activate core musculature and trunk muscles, leading to a long term improvement in core muscle strength and endurance. In turn, this may improve posture and reduce the risk of back pain. Gentle movement during sitting also stimulates the circulation and whilst the optimal parameters surrounding active sitting are unknown there is growing evidence that increasing circulation during the day may result in a number of cardiovascular benefits.
Who should use it?
We have found that most people get on very well with Salli-Swing stools which have now become the most popular chairs in the range. Some individuals with a very low base level of core stability may find the moveable seat too dynamic and for these individuals we would recommend a fixed level stool. For advice on what stool is likely to suit you the best please contact us.
What is the difference between the Swing and Swing Fit
Quite simply the only difference between these two stools is that you can adjust the split saddle width and angle on the Swing Fit but cannot do so on the Swing. For individuals over 5ft 6inches the fixed split saddle should be perfectly adequate. If you are under 5ft 6 or have a particularly narrow pelvis we would recommend the extra seat width adjustability of the Swing Fit.
What we like
The internal spring technology in the Swing Fit makes the stool feel softer and makes the Salli transition quicker and easier.
The Swing-Fit comes with a spanner which enables you to change the seat top movement tension over time. To help you with your Saddle stool transition we recommend that you start with this tension at a high level and then gradually reduce it over time. Specifically, reduce the tension by half a turn each week over 4 weeks.
The Range Explained
Salli have over 10 different stools for a range of different working environments and budgets. However, 95% of customers will select their chair from 4 different options called the Twin, Multiadjuster, Swing and Swing Fit. The first thing to note is that all the stools have the same shaped seat top, gas stem and base. The Twin is the entrance level stool and has a single lever that allows the stool to go up and down. The Multiadjuster has an additional forward and backwards tilting function and an adjustable split seat. The Swing and Swing Fit are the new stools in the range. Both stools incorporate a spring in the top of the seat allowing the seat top to literally move slightly in every direction that you transfer your body weight in. The only difference between the Swing Fit and Swing is that you can adjust the split seat width and angle on the Swing Fit but not on the Swing. To help work out which stool will be right for you please take advantage of a Salli stool telephone consultation from one of our experts. You can contact the Fluto team on 0203 0510157 or use the contact form
- Patented split seat design for optimal posture pressure distribution and upright posture
- Split seat angle adjustment for optimal positioning
- Seat height adjustment
- Internal spring technology to promote active dynamic sitting
- Available in a wide range of fabrics. For more information on the fabric options please see thumbnails above. It is also possible to design your own by clicking on the configurator. Simply create your ideal Salli design, email it to us and we will attempt to give you the very best price possible
- It is possible to select the stools with either a black aluminium or chrome finish base and gas stem.
- All Salli stools come with a standard guarantee of 10 years.
- There are a wide range of accessories available for Salli stools. It is worth noting that not all accessories are available with all stools and so it is worth contacting us if you are interested in getting a Salli accessory. You can learn more about Salli accessories by contacting us. You can contact the Fluto team on 0203 0510157 or use the contact form
- Seat Height Small (for users under 160cm tall)
- Seat Height Medium (for users 160-180cm tall)
- Seat Height Large (for users over 180cm tall)
- Total width of seat: 400-435mm
- Forwards/backwards length of seat: 380mm
- Total weight: 11.5 kg
- Seat weight: 8 kg
- Base diameter: 540mm
The key measurements that we need to know are the users:
- Leg length
If you or your client are planning to use the stool with a workstation it is crucial to ensure that the workstation will work for the higher Salli sitting position. If you have a height adjustable desk you can easily adjust the desk height for the new sitting height. If you have a fixed desk however, it is definitely worth contacting us to ensure the stool will fit.You can contact the Fluto team on 0203 0510157 or use the contact form