Welcome to our Ergonomics Learning Resource Centre...
Ergonomics is the study of the way in which humans interact with their work environment. Because you spend so much time at work, it is very important that you know how to get the most out of your workstations, whilst putting minimal stress through your bodies. In order to help you understand ergonomic principles in the workplace this learning resource centre will cover a range of topics including:
- Choosing an Office Chair
- Choosing an ergonomic desk
- Getting the most from your laptop
- Back Chairs
- How to carry a bag
- How to complete repetitive tasks at work
- Understanding Manual Handling
- Manual Handling at Work
- Ergonomic Workstation
- Back Furniture Guide
- Back Support Chair
- Ergonomic Office Chair Standards
- What is 'active sitting'?
Please note that all our articles are written by qualified physiotherapists who specialise in ergonomics and all the articles are based on the best research available.